Tuesday, December 27, 2005

It's a wonderful life ...


On Christmas Eve afternoon, I had to run out to get a roasting pan for our Christmas dinner roast. In line behind me in Gristede's was a little old lady buying one small box of Equal. I told the cashier that I would pay for the lady's item and took it from her hand and placed it on the belt next to my roasting pan. The little old lady thanked me, kissed me on the cheek and wished me a Merry Christmas. On the way out of the store, I saw her stop and give the money she was going to use to pay for the Equal to a man in a wheelchair who was panhandling outside the store.

Maybe she would have given him some money anyway, but it gives me hope to think that she was able to be kind to someone else because I had been kind to her. Maybe this is hwo good things start ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

« ¿ # » NY Bloggers