Monday, June 13, 2005

Death comes to my floor ...

OK, so this morning I see the door to the apartment across the hall is ajar. As I'm waiting for the elevator, one of the building employees comes out with a NYC police officer in tow. After the buildling guy gets into the elevator, I say, "what's going on?" The building guy, in his best smug-I know-something-you-don't tone, says, "I can't say." Now I'm really curious.

So just now, I'm on my way down to the basement to do laundry and a cop gets into the elevator with me. I glance over his shoulder as he's getting in to the car and someone with a humongous video camera is shooting through the glass door. He gets in and presses "5" which is my floor! Now I say to this guy, "that's my floor! What's going on?" He says someone passed away on the floor.

Do the cops come and stay all day, and do the news trucks come and interview people outside of the building as they are doing now for a simple "death?" I don't think so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

« ¿ # » NY Bloggers