Wednesday, March 28, 2007

New York is a small town

Has anything like this ever happened to any of you?

On Friday night while on the L on my way to a friend's birthday party, a woman got on the train with her son. The kid was unusual looking, reddish hair but with kind of African American features and really thick glasses; he was cute as anything. So I go to the party, and I'm coming home a hour or so later and I get on the L train and who gets on at the next stop after I get on but this woman and her kid. What are the odds of this? The same three people on not only the same subway train but in the same car within 7 feet of each other. The kid recognized me and looked at me with his mouth hanging open for a few seconds like he couldn't believe it either.

On Sunday morning while walking Tony I see a guy crossing the street with a cup of coffee. He looks similar to a neighbor of ours, so I noticed him. Later that day, again walking Tony, at the same intersection, I see the SAME GUY carrying a pizza across the street.

Is it just that I am hyper-observant of who and what is around me, and so I'm noticing things that most people don't, or am I in some kind of cosmic warp with the same people. These things amaze me more than creep me out, but seriously, WTF?

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

« ¿ # » NY Bloggers