Saturday, July 21, 2007

Scaffolding goes up at London Terrace

Scaffolding went up yesterday not only in front of 460 but 430 too! Those of us who live on the 24th Street side can now walk our dogs under shelter of lovely scaffolding for nearly the entire length of the block. A building employee told me to expect the scaffolding to stay up for about "two years," though I'm not sure where he got that idea. A few pieces of the bricks that fell are still laying on the sidewalk.

What kills me is the big flag that's attached to the building that says "luxury pre-war" apartments. If they'd only maintain the building properly, it would sell itself. Now it just looks ridic! Pictures to follow.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, July 24, 2007 12:45:00 PM, Blogger Daisy said...

I am a relative newcomer, have only lived in London Terrace since February of 2004, but I notice a difference since Rose came on board. The buildings--halls, sidewalks, elevators--are not as well-kept as they once were. And if I am handed an approximately 15% rent increase like my next door neighbors were, then I am outta here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

« ¿ # » NY Bloggers